Are you ready to find out the ways in which a family dentist can improve your smile?
Choosing the right dentist for you and your family is a very important and personal decision. Here in Prairie Village, KS, our family dentist, Dr. Terry Linneman of Prarie Village Dental Care, understands the importance of being able to get quality dental care no matter your age. Here’s how choosing a family dentist can benefit you and your household.
Family Dentistry Equals Preventative Care
No matter how healthy a smile may seem, it’s still necessary for everyone to visit their dentist every six months for checkups. It’s also necessary to have a dentist with which you can have a long-term and trusted relationship with so that you know your smile is always getting the proper care it deserves.
One of the best ways to ensure that you never skip these dental checkups is to have a family dentist. Having an established dentist that you can turn to is a major benefit by allowing you to get the preventive care you need.
Family Dentistry Makes Medical Care Convenient
Scheduling appointments for the whole family with just one dentist can certainly take the stress out of turning to multiple dental providers, scheduling different appointments and spending multiple days visiting different dental offices. Since everyone can turn to a family dentist for care, this means that we can schedule appointments for the whole family on the same day to make getting the care your whole family needs a whole lot easier.
Family Dentistry Means Comprehensive Dentistry
We know that patients’ needs change as they get older and what a child may require to keep their teeth and gums healthy is often not the same as an adult or senior citizen; fortunately, our family dentist specializes in providing a variety of dental services to the Prairie Village area. We have the training to be able to provide all dental treatments and care that you need. We offer preventive, restorative and cosmetic dentistry, as well as orthodontic treatment and gum disease therapy.
If you have been looking for a dentist in Prairie Village, KS, that can provide comprehensive and individualized dental care to every member of your family then it’s time to turn to the dental team at Prairie Village Dental Care. Call (913) 649-7500 to schedule cleanings for the whole family!
How Dental Veneers Can Help Your Smile
Does your smile need a little help? Do you have fracture lines or chips in your teeth? Is your smile showing your age? If so, dental veneers are the answer you've been looking for! Terry C. Linneman at Prairie Village Dental Care in Prairie Village, Kansas is an expert at installing veneers, and is ready to rejuvenate your teeth, boost your confidence, and give you the great looking smile you deserve!
What Veneers Are
Dental veneers are made of natural-looking, light reflecting materials like porcelain that carry an appearance strikingly similar to organic tooth enamel. Because veneers are virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth, your cosmetic dental restorations will stay innocuous and all people will notice is how beautiful your smile is!
What Veneers Do
Dental veneers can help hide many aesthetic issues you may have with your smile, including:
- Closing small gaps between your teeth
- Eliminating the look of tooth overlap
- Hiding cracks, fracture lines, and chips
- Hiding yellowing, stains, and discolorations
There are many reasons why people choose dental veneers over other cosmetic dental treatments. Consider that veneers are:
- Naturally Beautiful: Porcelain mimics the look of tooth structure and reflects light
- Conservative: Dr. Linneman removes only a minimal amount of tooth surface, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers
- Easy To Care For: Porcelain resists staining so your veneers will stay looking new and beautiful for years, even if you smoke or drink coffee
How To Get Veneers
Dental veneers require between two and three appointments, beginning with a consultation appointment. The consultation is the perfect time for your dentist to address any concerns or questions you have and give you an idea what your veneers will look like.
During the second appointment, your teeth will be prepared, and molds will be made of the prepared teeth. Your veneers will be made specifically for you, and once they are created, the last appointment will be scheduled to cement your new veneers and create your beautiful smile.
Contact Us Today
No matter what may be bothering you about your smile, dental veneers can help. All you need to do is pick up the phone and call Dr. Terry C. Linneman at Prairie Village Dental Care in Prairie Village, Kansas. Contact us today at (913) 649-7500 and get started on your new smile!
How many times a year do you see your dentist? Regular appointments are an essential aspect of maintaining good oral health. Dr. Terry Linneman, who practices family dentistry at Prairie Village Dental Care in Prairie Village, KS, helps you protect your smile with a range of treatments and services.
When is the best time to schedule checkups?
If you don't follow the every-six-month rule when it comes to scheduling dental checkups, your oral health may suffer. Regular dental visits provide several important benefits, including:
- Cavity Detection: Oral examinations and X-rays help your dentist diagnose tooth decay. Although a cavity may seem like a minor problem, tooth decay can cause significant problems if it isn't treated promptly. Spreading decay can destroy your tooth and even spread to nearby teeth. Although a filling may be all you need if you have a small cavity, very large ones may require restoration with crowns or inlays or onlays. If the decay reaches your pulp, your entire tooth will be at risk. Although root canals can often save teeth in this circumstance, extraction may be the only solution if the decay is widespread. Luckily, your dentist can detect and treat tooth decay before it causes serious problems if you visit every six months.
- Diagnosis of Gum Disease: During your examination, your dentist will also take a close look at your gums. Bleeding, swollen or red gums, or chronic bad breath can be signs that you have gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Treating gingivitis can help you avoid the more serious stages of gum disease. Unfortunately, if you don't visit the dentist regularly, you may overlook your gum disease symptoms.
- Identification of Other Dental Problems: Your Prairie Village, KS, dentist will also look for other symptoms that can cause trouble with your oral health, such as cracks in teeth, cracked or loose fillings, or enamel erosion due to nightly grinding. He'll also examine your mouth and jaw for possible signs of oral cancer, such as lumps, bumps, or red or white patches.
If you experience a toothache or notice any oral health symptoms that concern you, don't wait for your next checkup for all of your family dentistry needs. Call your dentist and schedule an appointment. Delaying dental care may result in more extensive dental work and even the loss of a tooth.
Protect your smile with regular dental appointments. Visit Prairie Village, KS, dentist Dr. Terry Linneman for all your family dentistry needs. Call him at (913) 649-7500 to schedule an appointment.
Severe pain isn't the only sign that you may need a root canal. Although other signs and symptoms may be more subtle, ignoring them could lead to the loss of your tooth. Root canal therapy, one of the family dentistry services offered by Dr. Terry Linneman of Prairie Village Dental Care in Prairie Village, KS, treats inflammations and infections in tooth pulp.
How can I tell if I need a root canal?
You may notice one or more of these signs if there's a problem with your pulp:
- Some Degree of Pain: Pain from an inflamed or infected pulp can be severe, but it usually begins as milder pain that gradually gets worse. The pain may come and go or may be constant. It's important to visit your Prairie Village dentist if you notice tooth pain that lasts more than a day or two or that is intermittent. Pain is a very effective warning system that lets you know that there's something wrong with your body. If you ignore the signals, a minor oral health issue may eventually become a major problem.
- Pain That Intensifies Under Certain Conditions: If you need a root canal, your pain may worsen when you chew. Simply pressing on the tooth with your finger may also cause pain to flare up. Have you given up hot and cold foods and beverages because they're not worth the pain? Increased sensitivity to temperature extremes is another sign you may need a root canal.
- Red Gum: The gum around your painful tooth may be tender and look red and swollen. It's never a good idea to overlook changes in your gum, as they may also be a sign of gum disease.
- Changing Tooth Color: Darkening of your tooth enamel may occur if you have an inflammation or infection in some cases.
- Signs of a Dental Abscess: Suspect a bacterial infection called an abscess if your hurts, and you have a fever, facial swelling, a small bump on the gum near your tooth, pus around the tooth or swollen lymph nodes. Abscesses are considered dental emergencies and require antibiotic treatment and root canal therapy.
Root canal therapy can help protect your tooth! If you're concerned about any of these symptoms or are in need of family dentistry services, call Dr. Linneman of Prairie Village Dental Care in Prairie Village, KS, at (913) 649-7500 to schedule an appointment.
Find out why dental implants might be the best approach for treating your tooth loss.
You know you want a restoration you can trust to replace your missing tooth but maybe you aren’t sure which treatment option is the best one for you and your smile needs. Don’t worry; this is where our Prairie Village, KS, dentist, Dr. Terry Linneman, comes in. If you are considering whether you should get dental implants, here are just some of the wonderful and unique benefits you’ll enjoy with this tooth replacement:
Next Best Option
Yes, we know that nothing beats maintaining healthy teeth, but when this is no longer an option isn’t it more important that you find a tooth replacement that is as close to the real thing as you can possibly get? We certainly think so. That’s why our Prairie Village general dentists offer dental implants. After all, no other tooth replacement looks or functions just like a real tooth in the same way implants can because implants are actually designed to take the place of your missing tooth roots, which no other tooth replacement will be able to do.
Stays in Place
Nothing is worse than having dentures that shift and move around in your mouth, particularly when you are trying to talk or chew food. It can be embarrassing and frustrating. Luckily, implants are designed to stay firmly in place without ever budging, which means that you can talk confidently and chew your favorite foods (even that deliciously thick cut of steak) without ever worrying about your new tooth.
Preserve Your Jawbone
When you lose one or more teeth it isn’t just the teeth themselves that are affected, the rest of your oral health is, too. After all, the jawbone requires stimulation from all of your tooth roots in order to remain strong and healthy and to continue producing new bone cells. Of course, if you leave your tooth loss untreated this causes the jawbone to shrink, which can lead to structural changes within the face (including premature lines and wrinkles). The only way to prevent bone loss is to get a dental implant, which functions just like tooth roots and even fuses together naturally with the jawbone.
Lasts a Lifetime
Most dental restorations will need to be replaced at some point, and while the dental crown that we place over the implant will need to be replaced every decade or so, the implant itself is designed to last the rest of your life. This means that you can trust in your brand new tooth and know that with the proper maintenance and care that your new smile is here to stay.
If you are interested in finding out more about getting dental implants in Prairie Village, KS, and whether or not you are the ideal candidate for treatment then it’s time to turn to our caring dental team here at Prairie Village Dental Care. Schedule your no-risk consultation today.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.